Total Prep Time 10-15 Min
Bake Time 35-40 Min + Cooling
1lb Hofmann Kielbasa Sausage chopped into fairly small pieces
1 medium onion
4 cups hash browns; option instead of hash browns: cubed white bread without crust
1 ½ cups cottage cheese
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 ¼ cups Swiss cheese
- Chop onion into small pieces.
- Slice sausage into discs and then into smaller pieces. If you prefer, brown sausage slightly before cutting into pieces. - Remember Hofmann sausage is already fully cooked.
- Heat sausage and chopped onion in pan with approx. 1 tablespoon of olive oil or butter.
- Remove from heat after onions become translucent – set aside.
- Beat 6 eggs and set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine hash browns (or white bread cubes), beat eggs, cottage cheese, Swiss cheese and cheddar cheese and lightly hand mix.
- Add sausage and onion mixture to the bowl and fold ingredients together.
- Spread evenly in oven-safe baking casserole dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 min.
- Optional: top with extra shredded cheddar cheese for final 5 min of baking.
- Let stand for approx. 8-10 min. Serve warm.