It is the fusion of two great titans....New York and Chicago. There has not been a more powerful product come out of New York and make its way to Chicago since Capone. The delectable taste has its roots in New York with the quality of an all Beef Hofmann Frank, but topped with the taste that is uniquely Chicago. If you even think about adding ketchup to this baby.....Forgetaboutit!
Original recipe makes 1 Chicago Frank
- 1 all-beef Hofmann Frank
- 1 poppyseed hot dog bun
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet green pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 4 tomato wedges
- 1 dill pickle spear
- 2 sport peppers
- 1 dash celery salt
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, place Hofmann Franks in water, and cook 5 minutes or until done. Remove Hofmann Franks and set aside. Carefully place a steamer basket into the pot and steam the hot dog bun 2 minutes or until warm.
- Place Hofmann Frank in the steamed bun. Pile on the toppings in this order: yellow mustard, sweet green pickle relish, onion, tomato wedges, pickle spear, sport peppers, and celery salt. The tomatoes should be nestled between the frank and the top of the bun. Place the pickle between the frank and the bottom of the bun. As for Ketchup - Forgetaboutit!