Spooky Hofmann BBQ Cocktail Franks
36oz Hofmann Cocktail Franks (can use two to three (2-3) 12oz packages as an option)
12oz bottle of chili or your favorite barbecue sauce
8oz grape jelly
- Put all contents into a crockpot or a covered pot on the stovetop.
- Cook on low 2-3 hours or to your preference, stirring occasionally.
- Serve right out of a crockpot, or for Halloween fun, place a metal bowl in a cauldron.
Note: Hofmann German Brand Cocktail Franks are already fully cooked.
Enjoy these tasty little wieners!
Hofmann Pigs in a Blanket
Two (2) cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ or similar refrigerated crescent rolls
Two (2) 12oz Hofmann German Brand Cocktail Franks
- Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll both cans of dough; separate into triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 3 narrow triangles.
- Place cocktail franks on shortest side of each triangle. Roll up each, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point; place point side down on 2 ungreased baking or cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, rotating the position of baking/cookie sheet(s) partway through baking. Immediately remove from baking/cookie sheet. Serve warm by themselves or with condiments such as Hofmann German Style Mustard and ketchup.
Helpful tips: Work in small batches as refrigerated dough can get sticky and more difficult to work with if out at room temperature too long. Give each wrapped cocktail frank enough room to rise—don’t put them too close to each other on the cookie sheet(s). If making them in advance, cover them on the ungreased, flat baking/cookie sheet, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
For Halloween fun, add dot eyes to each piece using a toothpick and mustard, turning normal pigs in a blanket into Mummy Cocktails.
Hofmann Cocktails Wrapped in Bacon
From one to two (1-2) 12oz Hofmann German Brand Cocktail Franks or 36oz package depending on crowd size.
One to two (1-2) package(s) of your favorite, thin bacon. Center-cut bacon is preferred.
One box of wooden toothpicks
- Preheat over to 375°F.
- On a cutting board, cut the bacon into smaller strips.
- Wrap the small strips of uncooked bacon around the cocktail frank and secure with a toothpick, making sure that the end of the toothpick hits the board but doesn’t stick out too much.
- Place the bacon wrapped Hofmann German Brand Cocktail Franks with toothpicks up onto a baking sheet.
- Heat in oven at 375°F for approximately 12-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp to your liking.
- Let cool for 5 minutes or so before serving. Place on serving tray and with any kind of dipping sauce or condiment…best with Hofmann’s German Style Mustard.