Jalapeno Cheddar Queso
Serves 4-6 people
Total Prep Time 10-12 Min
½ lb Hofmann Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage
1 lb Velveeta®
1 can of RoTel® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies undrained; or for less heat substitute fire roasted or regular diced tomatoes from a can undrained
- Grilled or pan fried sausage links – Remember, Hofmann products are already fully cooked.
- Deconstruct the sausage after cooking when slightly cool or cut into small pieces.
- Cut Velveeta® into ½-inch cubes.
- Put sausage pieces and all other ingredients into microwaveable bowl or in small pot stovetop.
- Microwave on HIGH 5 min., stopping it at 3 min. to stir*, and then continuing until Velveeta is completely melted; OR cook on medium heat stovetop stirring often until blocks of Velveeta® are completely melted.
- Transfer queso* to crockpot on low/warm or to a bowl and serve with tortilla chips.
*Be careful when removing bowl from microwave if you choose that option as the bowl will be hot.