Hofmann sausages are slow smoked today just as they have been for well over a century, using only the finest cuts of meats, select spices and handcrafted techniques. Our recipes were born in Germany and raised in Syracuse, New York, since 1879. Whether you grill our famous sausages, cook them in a pan or in the oven, you will enjoy the bold, unique flavor that is distinctly Hofmann. We simply make the BEST hot dogs and sausages in America. Better ingredients. Better taste. Better hot dogs and sausages. Now, let’s get you grilling!
- Prepare your grill, either gas or charcoal, as you normally would. Not too hot! If your temperature is too hot, hot dogs tend to over split…some slight splitting may be preferred. You can also puncture small holes in the hot dogs with a fork or toothpick to prevent splitting.
- Place your hot dogs or sausages on the grill at an angle to get those picture perfect grill marks, but not directly over the fire – you want to prevent flare-ups.
- Grill for 6 to 10 minutes, turning them occasionally to make sure they’re grilled evenly. Hofmann hot dogs and sausages are already fully cooked prior to packaging.
- Your hot dogs and sausages are ready to come off the grill when the skin is slightly blistered and browned to your liking.
- Take the hot dogs and sausages off of the grill with long grill tongs and a grill glove to protect your skin from the heat and flames.
- Creative toppings from avocado and pico de gallo to onion straws, sauerkraut, jalapenos, and more can be used for the ultimate dog. Or just stick with the basics and all-time favorite condiments, mustard and ketchup. Hofmann hot dogs and sausages are bursting with flavor and can be enjoyed solo without anything added at all!
- For a true Central New York experience, lightly butter and grill a New England-Style Roll/Bun!
- Enjoy your ridiculously tasty Hofmann products!