Hofmann Sausage & Potatoes Skillet
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb small red or golden potatoes
2 tbsp water (microwave) OR 2 cups (stovetop)
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp dijon or Hofmann German Style (Brown) Mustard
1-1/2 tsp minced fresh thyme or ½ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp black pepper
½ cup chopped onion
¾ lb Hofmann Italian Sausage or Kielbasa cut into ¼ inch slices
4 cups fresh baby spinach
4-5 bacon strips, cooked crispy and crumbled
- Cut potatoes in halves and cook in water stovetop or microwave in a microwave-safe dish covered on high until potatoes are tender, approx. 5 minutes; drain.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme, and pepper and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and sausage until onion is tender and sausage browned.
- Add potatoes to skillet; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar mixture; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Stir in bacon.
- Serve warm and enjoy!